- Through the Disability Ministries Committee, the General Board of Global Ministries offers limited grants to assist with funding certain accessibility and inclusion projects. Review cycles end on January 1 and July of each year. An application form that includes requirements and examples can be downloaded as a Microsoft Word Document .
- Loans & Scholarships from General Board of Higher Education and Ministry.
- Disability Scholarships from Disabled World
A variety of scholarships exist, some directed to students with disabilities, and others directed to those preparing for careers in disability studies, ancillary medical fields, or research. There are too many of these to attempt to maintain a list; we suggest a search for current information.
- Advocates for Individuals with Disabilities
- Darrell Gwynn Foundation (wheelchairs)
- Funding Assistance Guide for Vehicles from NMEDA
- Grant Writing for a Wheelchair Van from Disabled World
- Ralph Braun Foundation, periodically offers grants to assist with mobility vehicles and equipment.
- Mobility Ventures Funding Sources
Retirement Research Foundation Accessible Faith Grants for improvements in Chicago area.
- Mortgage and Home Loan Help Guide for the Disabled from MortgageLoan.com; includes information on Fair Housing Act and other legal protections.
Thank you for visiting this page!
By listing organizations, companies, or other sources of interest to people with disabilities, the Disability Ministries Committee of the United Methodist Church does not recommend, endorse, or otherwise offer preference for any such entity. All listings are reports only, and are open equally to any entity offering suitable services.